Science and Technical Education
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. It’s easy. Just click “Edit Text” or double
click me to add your own content and make changes to the font. Feel free to drag and drop me anywhere you
like on your page. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about
This is a great space to write a long text about your company and your services. You can use this space to
go into a little more detail about your company. Talk about your team and what services you provide. Tell
your visitors the story of how you came up with the idea for your business and what makes you different from
your competitors. Make your company stand out and show your visitors who you are.
The goals of the Department therefore are to produce competent graduate teachers in the outlined disciplines who
will teach effectively at the various school levels such as Technical Colleges, Polytechnics, Colleges of
Education and Universities in accordance with the decision of the government to emphasis science and technology
thereby satisfy the country’s yearning for progress.
The main objectives of the programme are to:
1. train specialists who will teach technological subjects at various school levels to meet the technical
manpower needs of the society.
2. train strong advocates and promoters of government technological programmes.
3. train specialists who will be willing to get involved in research and further studies in technical/vocational
education and related fields.
4. train individuals who will junction in Engineering enterprises in the private sectors of the economy.
5. train specialists who will own and operate science and technology related enterprises.
6. train specialists who will function as administrators of technical training institutions, etc.
The expected career opportunities on completion of the programmes are to;
1. teach technical subjects at various school levels
2. function as promoters of government technological programmes
3. function as research officers in scientific and technological programmes
4. function in engineering enterprises in the private sector of the national economy
5. own and operate science and technology related enterprises, i.e. workshops, etc.